easy and inspiring dishes from The Two Gulfs Crab Kitchen.
We do the hard work for you. We have worked with an iconic Adelaide Chef, Stewart Wesson to create a series of Two Gulfs Crab recipes that are contemporary, easy to achieve and will impress your family and friends on any occasion. Enjoy life, eat crab!
CRAB, TOMATO & AVOCADO BRUSCHETTA
- 200g crab meat
- 2 punnets heirloom or cherry tomato
- 2 avocados
- ¼ bunch basil
- 1 lemon
- 1 loaf rye sourdough
- Olive oil
- To start place the crab meat in a bowl and squeeze the juice from ½ a lemon on top, add a pinch of sea salt and mix through
- Cut the tomatoes in half in another bowl and dress with olive oil and cracked black pepper
- Then cut the sour dough loaf into 2cm slices and toast until golden brown
- To assemble top the toasted sourdough with the tomatoes and then the seasoned crab meat
- Next slice the avocado and place on top
- To finish, rip the basil leaves and place on the bruschetta and drizzle olive oil on top
CRAB SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH CHILLI & BEAN SPROUTS
- 100g crab meat
- 4 eggs
- 1 Red Chili finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 small knob ginger finely chopped
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- 50g crispy shallots
- Firstly crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Then in a large pan on a medium heat, add some oil and start to cook the chilli, garlic & ginger until slightly coloured and fragrant.
- Add the crab meat followed by the egg mixture, using a spatula slowly move the eggs around in the pan avoiding the eggs sticking tot he bottom and season.
- Once cooked place ona serving plate and top with the bean sprotus, coriander, int and cripy shallots.
CRAB & MISO SOUP WITH BUCKWHEAT NOODLES
- 400g crab meat
- 1 Packet instant miso soup
- 1 Packet buckwheat or soba noodles
- 2 head bok choy
- 1 package soft tofu
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- 2 spring onions sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Sesame oil for garnish
- To start blanch the buckwheat noodles in boiling water until noodles are cooked( see packing for instructions) once cooked drain the water off and cool the noodles by running cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Next make 3l of the miso soup from the packet instructions and keep warm on the stove.
- Cut the soft tofu into 2cm squares
- Then place the cooked noodles in the bottom of a serving bowl, top with the tofu and cooked crab meat.
- Take the bottoms off the bok choy and place int eh hot miso soup or 1 min, then add the bok choy to the bowl and pour the hot miso over the noodles.
- To finish top with spring onions, coriander, sesame oil & seeds.
STEAMED CRAB, SWEET CORN & XO DUMPLINGS
Make 15 Dumplings
- 15 dumpling wrappers
- 100g crab
- 1/2 bunch chopped spring onion
- 10g XO sauce (can be found at Asian grocers)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 knob ginger crushed
- 1 tin sweet corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 75ml light soy sauce
- 10ml black vinegar
- 1/8 bunch chopped coriander
Combine all ingredients except the wrappers in a big bowl and mix until combine, add a pinch of ground white pepper and set aside.
Next lay out all the dumpling wrappers on a bench and place a small amount ( around 15g) in the centre of each dumpling.
Using a pastry brush wet the edges of the wrapper with water and pull all the sides up till they meet in the middle, crimp the wrapper together until the dumpling is completely sealed, using your finger push the seal of the dumpling until the wrapper Is the same thickness as the rest of the wrapper to ensure even cooking.
then place on a tray lined with baking paper and steam for 20-25min until the pro mixture is cooked.
- Serve with a Soy or Chilli Dipping Sauce.